How to apply your vinyl labels
Following are two great videos on YouTube that show how easy it is to apply your vinyl labels.
The first video begins at 0:25 and you can ignore the first 25 seconds since your labels come with the transfer tape already applied. The second video finishes the process started in the first video.
- If the vinyl sticks to the backing paper as you peel it off, or sticks to the transfer tape when you peel it off, simply place it back down and rub the front again with your scraper/credit card.
- Remove the backing paper and transfer tape from the corner in a diagonal direction
- Peel the backing paper and transfer tape off at a 45 degree angle
- If you have any other issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me via my contact page
And if you prefer written instructions….
- Clean your surface. Use only soap and water or rubbing alcohol and ensure that the area is dry and free of residue.
- Using a scraper or credit card, firmly rub across the surface of the transfer tape (the clear tape on the front of the label) to help it cling to the vinyl letters.
- Remove the white backing paper from your label, ensuring that the black vinyl is stuck to the transfer tape. If the vinyl clings to the backing paper, slowly replace it and repeat step 2. Work slowly, starting from one corner, and peeling the backing off at a 45 degree angle.
- Line up the label with your surface as it can’t be repositioned. Once stuck down, firmly rub the transfer tape to ensure the vinyl is adhered.
- Peel the transfer tape off, leaving the vinyl adhered to your surface. Work diagonally, pulling the transfer tape at a 45 degree angle. Work slowly, and if the vinyl lifts from your surface, smooth the transfer tape back down and repeat step 4.
- You’re done! Leave for 24 hours before washing if required to ensure adhesive has time to stick. The vinyl can be removed if required but will likely be destroyed in the process, so it cannot be reused.